A rigorous two-year (4 semesters) program
The purpose of this course is to
1. Provide a strong understanding of general management concepts and their application in the management of hospitals and other healthcare organizations.
2. Impart knowledge required for planning and organizing healthcare organizations, services, and activities.
3. Develop the student’s ability to evaluate various components of the healthcare system such as strategy, finance, sales, marketing, human resources, materials management, quality, information technology and other external factors affecting the management of healthcare organizations.
4. Impart necessary knowledge and practical orientation to help students understand how to efficiently manage the day-to-day affairs of a hospital/healthcare facility.
5. Enable the student with the skills needed to address opportunities and problems in healthcare organizations.
8. Prepare students to become qualified managers and administrators, who can efficiently manage hospitals and healthcare organizations by applying modern management techniques.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the major concepts in management, accounting, marketing, finance, and human resources management.
2. Apply management concepts and processes to specific areas of a hospital/healthcare organization.
3. Discuss the role of a manager in a healthcare organization and how people and institutions function within the healthcare system.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of strategic planning and decision making for a healthcare organization.
5. Effectively manage people, finances and organizational resources that are crucial to the success of a healthcare organization.
6. Demonstrate the knowledge needed to efficiently manage the day-to-day operations of a hospital/healthcare organization.
7. Describe the ethical, legal and regulatory requirements for running a hospital/healthcare business in India.
8. Summarize the quality standards essential to provide a high level of patient care service and improve outcomes in healthcare organizations.
9. Utilize information technology and other decision-support tools to improve processes and performance in healthcare organizations.