Amity Healthsciences PG Diploma in Clinical Nutrition is designed to provide students with a detailed scientific understanding of how
nutrition can be used in the management of various diseases. Students will learn the role of diet in the causation, progression, and
treatment of different disease conditions. They will also learn how to evaluate nutritional needs in various medical conditions and
recommend dietary therapy based on established guidelines and treatment protocols.
The Course is Aimed to
- Provide knowledge of sources and functions of macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, fats) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals) in the human body.
- Increase the students’ knowledge about food intake and nutrient metabolism.
- Improve the students’ understanding on the role of nutrients in the etiology and
patho-physiology processes in human diseases.
- Provide students the knowledge required to perform nutritional status evaluation in various life-cycle stages.
- Educate students to create individualized diet plans for management of diseases.
- Teach students to implement evidence-based medical nutrition therapy and Evaluate their effectiveness.
- Prepare the students to apply principles of nutritional counseling while managing clients.